Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Lem'lade

I've been telling my kids stories about my Grandma Bean.
She had the biggest, most nurturing heart and 
she brought wonderful memories into my life.
She loved charades and to start off the game she would say,
"Lemonade, what's your trade?
Show me something if you aren't afraid!"
Doesn't make sense to me,
but hearing her say that meant one thing ...
she wanted to play with us!

The state fair is approaching and I"m already
craving a lemonade shake-up!
Lemons and SUGAR (and deep fried something-something!).

We found a lapse in rainshowers and whipped up a big batch 
of lemonade and limeade!
 If photographs could speak, this wouldn't say much 
because our deck is such a peaceful spot.
Tyler was busy squeezing (little brother was supervising)
and we had Goldfinches and Cardinals visiting our progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment